- Stitch the shoulder seams of centre and side panels.
- Prepare the frills - finish the raw edge, and gather the frill to the required length.
- Sandwich the frills between the centre and side panels, baste to keep them in place. Stitch and overlock them .
- Close the side seams.Overlock the edges.
- Prepare the facings. Neck facing is stitched at the shoulders, armhole facing has seams both at the shoulders and at the sides. Overlock the raw edge.
- Finish the armholes. Place the facing and the armhole right sides in, make sure to align the side and shoulder seams on both pieces. Stitch all the way around. Notch the curved sections and turn the facing to the wrong side. Press for the smooth finish. Do a backstitching if desired. See curved seams.
- Run the the two rows of long stitches along the top of the skirt piece.
- Gather the skirt to a required width. Baste the top and the skirt together, make sure that the folds are evenly distributed all around the waist. Stitch together, when satisfied.
- Stitch the back of the dress leaving the opening for the zipper. Insert the zipper.
- Apply the neckline facing.
- Hem and steam the dress.
Size 6, Size 8, Size 10, Size 12
A4, US Letter